Make A Statement With These Black & White Penny Loafers
Penny loafers are the gentleman’s shoe for summer. It’s timeless, comfortable and extremely versatile.
The penny loafer was initially popular as a shoe for the ‘preppy’student set. In fact, that’s where the name “penny”is thought to have originated. Students would keep their money (or pennies) in the saddle of their shoes in case they needed to make an emergency phone call using a pay phone. Today, the loafer is worn in any modern setting, mainly because it’s so easy to slip on and off, and it’s the perfect marriage with a suit or any smart casual look.
Turn Heads For The Right Reasons
Every wardrobe needs at least one statement pair of shoes. And we think these black and white Weejun Larson Moc Penny’s fit the bill.
Worn by artisans to presidents, Ivy Leaguers to Hollywood legends, this eye-catching variation comes in black and white polished leather and is beautifully detailed with tonal waxy thread hand stitching. It offers soft genuine leather lining for perfect comfort, complete with a gold foil G.H. Bass & Co. motif on the foot-bed.
Put Your Penny Where Your Mouth Is
While the contrasting colours will elevate your look from boring to bold, these four rules will help you pull off your summer look:
- Keep the rest of the outfit minimalist and simple. We love this ensemble pictured above, but it doesn’t have to be all-black, just keep the tones of the look in the same colour palette
- Best worn without socks in summer. Avoid wearing white socks at all cost. Leave that up to the King of Pop.
- If worn with jeans, opt for indigo or selvage denim (no distressed or rip and repair jeans)
- These loafers will work with shorts, just make sure they are slim cut chinos. No board shorts!
The GH Bass Weejun Larson Moc Penny
The Larson is the ideal statement shoe for any wardrobe. Take a look at its specs below:
- Classic penny loafer in black and white polished leather
- Slip on design
- Hand-stitched seams in tonal waxed thread
- Heel to heel welt stitching
- Leather heel sock with gold foil branding
- Natural polished leather sole with black rubber top piece
For more information on where to buy these shoes, click here