This Simple Vegan Chocolate Bar & Berry Shake Combo Is Packed With Protein
So you’ve decided to take on Veganuary in 2020, but there’s one thing that’s making it a lot tougher than you expected – your sweet tooth. But fear not, we’re here to save your gains (it’s what we do). Here are two great vegan treats that taste and look like a cheat meal but are packed with protein. And they’re super easy to make. Try them out!
Berry And Cashew Shake
Keep things simple with a shake you can throw together in seconds. With a full meal’s worth of protein, this quick- to-make shake will ensure your training sessions are fruitful.
- Coconut Milk, 330ml
- Nutritech 100% Vegan Forest Fresh Strawberry Protein, 35g
- Frozen Raspberries, 50g
- Cashew Butter, 15g
- Chuck the milk in first, so the powder doesn’t clump.
- Add the protein powder, berries and cashew butter. Raspberries contain plenty of manganese, for steady energy release, while nut butter offers mono-unsaturated fats and copper to support lean mass.
- Blitz, stir, blitz again and drink it down for a quick filling breakfast or the perfect recovery drink.
“Snickers” Protein Bar
Need your fix on the go? Bounce back faster post-training (and bid DOMS farewell) with a vegan bar containing quick-acting carbs and muscle-repairing amino acids.
- Almond milk, 320ml
- Phyto Pro Vegan Chocolate Protein, 300g
- Raisins, 250g
- Ground Almonds, 180g
- Coconut Oil, 150g
- Vegan Dark Chocolate, 300g
- Almond Butter, 50g
- Flaked Almonds, 60g
- Plant-based protein powders have as much nutritional clout as any dairy blend, and many are gentler on your digestive system. Blitz the almond milk, protein, raisins (sugar can speed protein synthesis), ground almonds, coconut oil and 230g of dark chocolate in a processor.
- Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and set in the fridge for 20 minutes. Spread on almond butter – full of muscle-aiding magnesium. Melt the rest of the chocolate and drizzle it over, followed by the flaked almonds.
- Set it in the fridge, then slice and pop a bar in your bag for an instant post-gym snack.
More Vegan Meals For You To Try:
Red Thai Veggie Curry (280g)
Butternut Laksa Vegan Bowl (300g)
Vegan Value Pack (20 meals)
|What Happens When I Go Vegan?||The Carnivore’s Guide To Going Vegan For Veganuary|