These High-Tech Contact Lenses Will Help Your Eyes Adjust To Light – Fast!
Throughout the day our eyes are constantly having to adjust to light. From our screens to the sun, without us realising it, our eyes are taking strain.
But have you ever had to squint, shade your eyes or dial down screen brightness? You may be suffering from Photophobia A.K.A. light sensitivity. While a little sensitivity to light when going from relative darkness to a bright surrounding is pretty normal, a recent survey revealed that 80 percent of us are actually bothered by bright light on a daily basis. You may deal with this by hiding behind some dark shades, or you could address the problem…
In walks some high-tech contact lenses with light intelligent tech!
The experts at ACUVUE® (a world-renowned brand of contact lenses) have developed ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ — a first-of-its-kind contact lens — that goes beyond standard vision correction to address the stress caused by bothersome light. These lenses are made with a dynamic photochromic filter, which reacts to changing light conditions and adapts to provide you with all-day soothing vision.
Why these lenses are super impressive
Backed by more than 10 years of research and development, these contacts were developed and designed in partnership with Transitions Optical Limited to manage a wide range of lighting conditions. Whether you’re in the office, taking the dogs for a stroll, hitting the gym or a night club, this contact lens’ intelligent light technology filters blue light, reduces exposure to bright light and blocks UV rays. The result: a reduction of squinting by 38 percent on average. Plus, you’ll cut down the time it takes to recover from exposure to bright light by up to five seconds. At night, these lenses also reduce starbursts and halos around bright lights, giving you a clear view with less squinting. They’re so cool ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ were also named one of Time’s ‘Best Inventions of 2018′.
- The lenses continuously balance the amount of light entering the eye, helping you manage a range of light conditions throughout the day.
- They’re built with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™ to adjust from clear to dark and back again.
- Reduces disruption to vision due to bright light by up to a whopping 32%.
- Life looks more vivid and vibrant thanks to colour contrast technology.
- Aids vision recovery from bright light up to 5 seconds faster and reduces squinting by 38%, on average.
- Offers the highest level of UV protection in contact lenses.
- For daily wear with a two-week replacement time.
This two-week reusable contact lens is now available in South Africa. For more information, or to find an eye-care professional near you, visit www.Acuvue.co.za.