Ultimate Recovery Recipe
• 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 salmon fillet, cut into chunks
• ½ avocado, diced
• 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
• handful of coriander leaves, chopped
• 1 tsp olive oil • handful of kale, chopped • ½ tin mixed beans in water, rinsed
• 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
STICK IT TO SORE MUSCLES
This one is almost spot-on. “The protein and anti-inflammatories, with the monounsaturated fats of the avocado, will quickly repair micro-tears to your muscles and limit joint pain following endurance exercise,” says Bailey. She suggests replacing the sweetcorn with a low-carb, nutrient-rich veg such as kale to reduce the total carb content, giving you a near-perfect nutritional breakdown. If you’re gunning for full marks, opt for cans of mixed beans in water to cut the extra salt and sugar that other dastardly varieties hide.
1 This is going to be quick, so get ready. Pre-heat the grill to a medium temperature. Combine the chilli sauce and 1 tbsp lime juice. Thread the salmon chunks onto a metal skewer and coat in the sauce.
2 Mix together the avocado, tomatoes and coriander. Season with the remaining lime juice. Grill the skewers for 7-8min, turning half way. Your muscle fuel is 3min away.
3 Meanwhile, sauté the kale, beans and pepper for 2-3min in a little oil. Serve the salmon with veg and spoon the avocado salsa on the side. Voilà.
* Skewering the fish will ensure it cooks quickly and evenly. Just watch how much sweet chilli sauce you use – it can be high in sugar