This Power Meal Will Give You The Jet Fuel You Need To Skyrocket Your Workouts
Paprika beef with sweet potato and coriander salad – a protein-packed power meal to fuel your workouts
Looking for that quick meal that’ll fire you up for your workout? This beastly salad is sure to supply your muscles with the right nutrients for a monster session in the gym.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes (plus 10-15 minutes to rest)
• 500g beef topside, fat trimmed
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
• Salt and pepper to season
To make the salad:
• 400g orange sweet potato, scrubbed and thinly sliced into rounds
• 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
• 400g mixed tomatoes, halved
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
• ¼ cup raw cashews
1/ Preheat the oven to 160ºC and place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish. Coat the roast evenly with smoked paprika, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
2/ Place the beef in the centre of the oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes for rare, 25-30 minutes for medium or 30-35 minutes for well done.
3/ Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Carve the roast into thin slices across the grain to ensure tenderness.
4/ While the beef is cooking, roast the sweet potato slices for 3-5 minutes each side or until just tender. Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool, then scatter with tomatoes, spring onions, coriander and cashews.
5/ Lay the beef slices over the salad. Drizzle with any resting juices from the beef. Serve warm. Serves 4.