Marinated Tomato Salad Recipe
- 2 medium red tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 4 small yellow tomatoes, cored and halved
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes (yellow and RED)
- 1 white onion, cut into thin rings
- 1½ cups basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 250g burrata, buffalo mozzarella, or other fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Spread the medium red and small yellow tomatoes on a big platter. Sprinkle them with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, ¼ tsp salt, and ⅛ tsp pepper. Let them sit for 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, onion rings, basil, mint and parsley. Toss with ⅓ cup olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper.
3. Divide the marinated tomatoes among four plates. Top them with the cherry tomato salad, dividing it evenly. With a spoon, dab the mozzarella over and around the salads. Crack some black pepper over each plate and sprinkle sea salt over the cheese; serve.
Makes 4 servings