These 2 Lamb Burger Recipes Will Blow Your Mind
Burgers are undeniably on of the greatest cheat meals. And when you find the right one with the perfect combination of toppings, there is nothing better. But, these delicious homemade lamb burger recipes are less of a once-a-month-cheat-meal and more of a weekly muscle meal
The first lamb burger is perfect if you’re short on ingredients and want to use up some leftover ingredients in the fridge for toppings. And the second lamb burger is recipe is great if you really want to impress someone or treat yourself.
The Quick One: Lamb Burger With Smoked Mozzarella
1. Cut 100g smoked mozzarella into four pieces.
2. Divide 500g of ground lamb and form into patties around each one. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cook until the outsides feel very firm, about three or four minutes a side.
4. Serve on toasted rolls with whatever fixings you like.
The Works: Lamb Burger with Harissa And Spring Onions
1. Sprinkle 450g ground lamb sirloin with 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, and 1 tsp salt; fold until blended, about 1 minute. Divide the meat into quarters and form into 1cm patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. In a bowl, combine 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp sour cream,1 tbsp milk,1 tbsp harissa, and 1 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. On a hot, well-oiled grill or cast-iron pan set on medium high, cook the patties until seared, 1 to 1.5 minutes. Flip them and top each with a slice of Gruyere cheese (you’ll need 4 slices altogether). Cook until medium rare, 1 minute more.
4. Place the burgers on the bottom part of the good quality toasted buns (you’ll need 4 altogether). Slather the cut sides of the top buns with the sauce and sprinkle with chopped spring onions (you’ll need 1/3 cup). Close the buns and serve.
Makes 4 burgers