Eric Lanlard’s Top Five Baking Tips
1. Study the recipe and list of ingredients and tools needed in advance and make sure you have them all to hand.
2. Use only the best quality ingredients for the filling. Remember the cake must taste as good as it looks.
3. Layout all your tools and equipment like a surgeon on a small tray next to you.
4. Follow the recipe step by step – do not try and improvise – baking is a science of sweet seduction.
5. Don’t give up if it doesn’t work out the fist time – keep trying – practice and experience is the secret to success. Of course it always helps if you are naturally artistic!