Add This Protein-Packed Chicken Burger To Your Recipe Book
Protein needn’t be pious. Satisfy your fast-food lust with this stripped-back, spicy offering.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Thighs, 500g, Cut Into 8 Pieces
- Buttermilk, 250ml
- Rice Bran Oil
- Plain Flour, 200G
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt And Chilli Flakes, Pinch Of Each
- Whole Milk, 200ml
- Brioche Buns, 4
- Honey Mustard Mayo, Dollop
- Lettuce, Handful
How To Make It:
1. Keep your bird juicy, without using an industrial pressure fryer, by marinating it in the buttermilk. Refrigerate for four hours. Heat a large pot of rice bran oil, which has a high smoke point and therefore maintains more of its phytonutrients when deep-frying.
2. Roll each piece of chicken in flour and the spices, drop it in the milk, then pop it back in the flour. Deep-fry each piece for six minutes. If you need justification for your dirty food fix, a University of Montana study found that the macronutrient balance in burgers makes them as efficient for muscle recovery as many sports supplements.
3. Warm the buns under the grill, then assemble your burger with honey mustard mayo and torn lettuce. And to wash it down? We recommend The Devil’s Peak King’s Blockhouse IPA. It’s a fruit-driven beer, but it still has that bitterness that you love. You’ve earned it.