Can You Handle the House of Cardio?
Try this killer at-home cardio workout inspired by the hit Netflix series
When Frank Underwood isn’t destroying the lives of innocent people and masterminding world domination, he’s sweating his calculating ass off on his indoor rowing machine.
With the premier of the new season of House of Cards right around the corner, we thought we’d give you an at-home workout inspired by the hit Netflix series. If you don’t have access to a rowing machine, just follow the bodyweight cardio substitute outlined in Option B below.
Now get to work and make some room for that BBQ, baby!
Option A: At-Home Rowing Workout
1. Row 500m as fast as possible with the goal of completing it in 2 minutes or less.
2. If you complete the 500m in under 2 minutes, perform as many pushups as you can for the number of seconds under that 2-minute mark. For example, if you complete 500m in 90 seconds, do as many pushups as you can for the remaining 30 seconds. If you have trouble getting on and off the rower quickly, don’t start that 30-second clock until you’re ready to begin the pushups.
3. Now rest a minute. That’s 1 round. Do up to 5 rounds, preferably scheming some grand manipulation.
NOTE- If this is too challenging, just do 2 to 3 rounds and rest 2 minutes between rounds. Seek to gradually bump that rest period down 5 to 10 seconds at a time until you can hit that 1-minute mark.
Option B: At-Home Bodyweight Cardio Workout
Do each of the following moves for 40 seconds with no rest. That’s 1 round. Do 5 rounds, resting 1 minute between rounds.
1. A-T-Y Jacks
Do jumping jacks, but alternate the following movements: bring your palms outward to your thighs, then your hips, and then above your head. Repeat the movements in reverse.
2. Plank to Pushup to Mountain Climber
Starting in a plank position, push yourself up into a mountain climber position. Alternating legs, bring your knees to your chest 3 to 4 times. Repeat the movements in reverse, bracing your core the entire time.
3. Iso-Dynamic Split Squat Jumps
Start in a lunge position, your knee nearly touching the ground. Hold the move for five seconds and then explode upward, switch positions mid-air, land, and slowly lower your other knee. Hold and repeat.
15-MINUTE AT-HOME BODYWEIGHT CARDIO WORKOUT! Do each move for 40 seconds with no rest between moves: 1. A-T-Y Jacks 2. Plank to Pushup to Mountain Climber 3. Iso-Dynamic Split Squat Jumps That’s 1 round. Do 5 rounds, resting 1 minute between rounds. #BJGaddour #HomeWorkout #HomeWorkouts #MetaShred #Fitness #InstaFit #?#Boxers #BoxerGram
Article originally found on menshealth.com