Are You Ready For The Best 10 Days Of Winter At The Knysna Oyster Festival?
Knysna has risen from the ashes and its Oyster Festival is going to be a fun, fit event with loads to offer…
Knysna is back on its feet after suffering a terrible loss due to devastating fires in 2017. The town is known for its beautiful natural environment including ancient forests, an exotic estuary, and of course, its famous Knysna oysters.
If spectacular scenery, fitness and the outdoors is up your alley, then the Knysna Oyster Festival is an event you don’t want to miss. Taking place for the 36th time, this year’s event runs from 21–30 June 2019 and is set to be the biggest yet. Its line up offers everything from running and cycling events to social activities, oysters and drinks. There really is something for everyone.
On the fitness front, there is a packed line up with lots to choose from:
- An easy 5km IKASI Colour Fun Run takes place on 22 June at Loerie Park.
- An FNB Family Forest Hike happens between 24, 26 and 28 June and includes various distances for different fitness levels — choose between the 2.5km, 6km and 10km distances.
- MTB events at the Knysna Cycle Tour take place on 22 June with 80km, 50km, 30km & 15km distances to choose from. There is also a 30km E-bike route.
- Road bike events at the Knysna Cycle Tour happen on 23 June and offer distances of 104km and 50km. The Children’s Cycle Tour also takes place on 23 June.
- You can line up for ASWD Relay Races on 24 June — this event accommodates all ages.
- The Woodcutters Trails forest walk happens on 25 June and is suitable for all family members.
- The Kurland Forest Triathlon, also for the whole family, takes place on 27 June.
- Looking for a challenge? The tough, yet beautiful Knysna Forest Marathon, takes place on 29 June and has both a half (21km) and full (42km) marathon on offer.
If you’re more keen to just relax (or do a bit of both), the festival also offers a loaded line up of cool social events, including the following:
- The Knysna Gin Friday Cocktails & Happy Hour happens on 21 June.
- Feel like getting into a snazzy tuxedo? A red carpet event takes place in the form of the Murder Mystery Dinner on 28 June.
- An exhibition of the best wine happens at the Head Over Hills Wine Festival taking place from 24-26 June, and at the Knysna Wine Festival, taking place on 28 and 29 June.
- Want to nourish your classical side? Rocco De Villiers is live at the Premier Resort The Moorings on 27 June.
This is not even all — there are loads more fitness and social action on offer at the Knysna Oyster Festival. For more information visit: http://www.knysnaoysterfestival.co.za