More Useful Stuff
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +10 Things You Probably Always Believed About Erectile Dysfunction That Are Complete Myths
- +8 Symptoms That Mean You Could Have Low Testosterone Levels
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
Your crockery could make you fat.
A Georgia Tech study found that people tend to take bigger helpings when their food is the same colour as the plate. Study participants took 30% more Alfredo pasta when their dish was white than when it was a dark colour. Scientists believe that less colour contrast makes our brains work harder to figure out how much to serve.