More Useful Stuff
- +What You Eat Could Be Causing Your Depression
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Going From Fat To Fit For His Wedding Day
- +This Man Lost 10 kgs, Gained a Killer Six-Pack and a Higher IQ
- +From Zero To Comrades Hero In 8 Months
- +Eating To Pack On Muscle And Strip Fat: How Sam Heughan Got Shredded For Our Cover Shoot
Your crockery could make you fat.
A Georgia Tech study found that people tend to take bigger helpings when their food is the same colour as the plate. Study participants took 30% more Alfredo pasta when their dish was white than when it was a dark colour. Scientists believe that less colour contrast makes our brains work harder to figure out how much to serve.