More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
- +These 5 Common Mistakes You Keep Making Are Piling On The Fat
The Mediterranean diet isn’t the only fat-busting import from Europe. Following a Baltic Sea diet may help keep your belly flat, reports a study in the British Journal of Nutrition. Men who ate the traditional Scandinavian fare – lots of cereal grains, berries, vegetables, low-fat milk and fish – were 43% less likely to have waists larger than 238cm than men who didn’t eat that way. The fibre in grains like oats and barley keeps you full longer, reducing overeating, says study author Noora Kanerva. The slimmest people in the study averaged 117g of these grains a day, equal to ½ cup of cooked oats.