More Useful Stuff
- +Three Things We Learned about a Standing Desk
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +This Guy Lost 90 Kilograms. Here's How He Transformed His Body
- +6 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
The Mediterranean diet isn’t the only fat-busting import from Europe. Following a Baltic Sea diet may help keep your belly flat, reports a study in the British Journal of Nutrition. Men who ate the traditional Scandinavian fare – lots of cereal grains, berries, vegetables, low-fat milk and fish – were 43% less likely to have waists larger than 238cm than men who didn’t eat that way. The fibre in grains like oats and barley keeps you full longer, reducing overeating, says study author Noora Kanerva. The slimmest people in the study averaged 117g of these grains a day, equal to ½ cup of cooked oats.