More Useful Stuff
- +Three Things We Learned about a Standing Desk
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +This Guy Lost 90 Kilograms. Here's How He Transformed His Body
- +6 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
A weight loss secret may be lurking in lizard spit. Swedish scientists found that exendin-4, a compound in the saliva of Gila monsters, reduced food cravings in rats. The reason? Exendin-4 inhibits the dopamine rush that makes you crave sugary, fatty foods. Synthetic versions of the compound are already used to treat type 2 diabetes, but research is needed before it can be used for weight loss, says study author Dr Karolina Skibicka.