More Useful Stuff
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
A weight loss secret may be lurking in lizard spit. Swedish scientists found that exendin-4, a compound in the saliva of Gila monsters, reduced food cravings in rats. The reason? Exendin-4 inhibits the dopamine rush that makes you crave sugary, fatty foods. Synthetic versions of the compound are already used to treat type 2 diabetes, but research is needed before it can be used for weight loss, says study author Dr Karolina Skibicka.