More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Scorch Body Fat With This Rows and Burpees Challenge
Set the table: using real dinnerware makes you feel like you’ve eaten a full meal, so you might snack less at other times.
In a Cornell study, people who ate from paper plates with plastic utensils tended to consider their food just a snack. Though they took in 485kJ fewer kilojoules than the “real plate” group did, the scientists said they’d probably eat another meal later. “The environment tremendously influences how much we eat,” says study coauthor Dr Collin Payne.