More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
- +These 5 Common Mistakes You Keep Making Are Piling On The Fat
Set the table: using real dinnerware makes you feel like you’ve eaten a full meal, so you might snack less at other times.
In a Cornell study, people who ate from paper plates with plastic utensils tended to consider their food just a snack. Though they took in 485kJ fewer kilojoules than the “real plate” group did, the scientists said they’d probably eat another meal later. “The environment tremendously influences how much we eat,” says study coauthor Dr Collin Payne.