More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Scorch Body Fat With This Rows and Burpees Challenge
Stick with any regimen by competing in a health contest, says Eric J. Topol, a cardiologist – he did it with 30 colleagues and dropped three kilos. Getting other people involved in your weight loss will keep you on track and in shape.
Track your training progress with an Endomondo account. It’s free and you can share your running, walking or cycling routes with your mates. All you need is a GPS watch, or a smartphone that has GPS capability.
Create a challenge with your colleagues it’ll beat drinking too much coffee over lunch. If you’re like the MH guys, stick up a roster in the break room and see how many pull-ups you can do.
The secret to losing weight is getting in more cardio and eating less kilojoules – easier said than done. Next time you’re tempted to indulge in something not on your diet plan, tweet your cheat – it’ll prevent you from quietly stuffing your face with muffins at the morning meeting.
If you don’t have a specific training goal, top up your fitness levels with a soccer match. Gather some mates (or some colleagues) and enter a team into a local league. It’s relatively inexpensive and it’ll ensure that you’re at least getting a run around once a week.