More Useful Stuff
- +6 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
Fit dogs and healthy masters. Whatever keeps you moving is good for weight loss – even if it means picking up poop. A new George Washington University study suggests that walking your dog can help you stay lean. The researchers found that people who walk their dogs are half as likely to be overweight as couch-bound dog owners. Sure, active people may be more likely to adopt a dog, but there are other factors: “You may feel guilty if your dog doesn’t get a lot of activity,” says study author Cindy Lentino, “That guilt could motivate you to walk your pet more and become more active.”
So come on, be the man your dog thinks you are.