More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
- +These 5 Common Mistakes You Keep Making Are Piling On The Fat
Fit dogs and healthy masters. Whatever keeps you moving is good for weight loss – even if it means picking up poop. A new George Washington University study suggests that walking your dog can help you stay lean. The researchers found that people who walk their dogs are half as likely to be overweight as couch-bound dog owners. Sure, active people may be more likely to adopt a dog, but there are other factors: “You may feel guilty if your dog doesn’t get a lot of activity,” says study author Cindy Lentino, “That guilt could motivate you to walk your pet more and become more active.”
So come on, be the man your dog thinks you are.