More Useful Stuff
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
Don’t kid yourself – Wii games won’t help you lose weight. In fact, motion-controlled video games might spur overeating, a study from the University of North Carolina suggests. Study participants who played active video games ate 1 570kJ in snacks and beverages than they burned during an hour of play. But it isn’t all bad: active gamers still torched more kilojoules and overate less than sedentary gamers and TV watchers. All three pursuits distract your brain from satiety cues, says study author Dr Elizabeth Lyons. Curb noshing by portioning out a snack before you start gaming. Then set it nearby – and limit yourself to just that.