More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Scorch Body Fat With This Rows and Burpees Challenge
Don’t kid yourself – Wii games won’t help you lose weight. In fact, motion-controlled video games might spur overeating, a study from the University of North Carolina suggests. Study participants who played active video games ate 1 570kJ in snacks and beverages than they burned during an hour of play. But it isn’t all bad: active gamers still torched more kilojoules and overate less than sedentary gamers and TV watchers. All three pursuits distract your brain from satiety cues, says study author Dr Elizabeth Lyons. Curb noshing by portioning out a snack before you start gaming. Then set it nearby – and limit yourself to just that.