More Useful Stuff
- +Three Things We Learned about a Standing Desk
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +This Guy Lost 90 Kilograms. Here's How He Transformed His Body
- +6 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
Don’t kid yourself – Wii games won’t help you lose weight. In fact, motion-controlled video games might spur overeating, a study from the University of North Carolina suggests. Study participants who played active video games ate 1 570kJ in snacks and beverages than they burned during an hour of play. But it isn’t all bad: active gamers still torched more kilojoules and overate less than sedentary gamers and TV watchers. All three pursuits distract your brain from satiety cues, says study author Dr Elizabeth Lyons. Curb noshing by portioning out a snack before you start gaming. Then set it nearby – and limit yourself to just that.