More Useful Stuff
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
- +These 5 Common Mistakes You Keep Making Are Piling On The Fat
- +Here's The Low Down On Man Boobs And What You Can Do About Them
- +Every Man Should Be Doing These 5 Things To Lose Weight Before Noon
Don’t kid yourself – Wii games won’t help you lose weight. In fact, motion-controlled video games might spur overeating, a study from the University of North Carolina suggests. Study participants who played active video games ate 1 570kJ in snacks and beverages than they burned during an hour of play. But it isn’t all bad: active gamers still torched more kilojoules and overate less than sedentary gamers and TV watchers. All three pursuits distract your brain from satiety cues, says study author Dr Elizabeth Lyons. Curb noshing by portioning out a snack before you start gaming. Then set it nearby – and limit yourself to just that.