More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Scorch Body Fat With This Rows and Burpees Challenge
- +This Man Lost 64 kg After Cutting Out These Foods From His Diet
We’ve told you before about brown fat, the helpful kind that torches kilojoules.
Researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have isolated new cells – beige fat – with nearly the same blubber-busting power of their brown cousins. Beige cells hide among white fat cells under your skin and switch between storing fat and burning it.
Preliminary research suggests that a muscle hormone linked with exercise may turn white fat into beige, but more study is needed.