More Useful Stuff
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
We’ve told you before about brown fat, the helpful kind that torches kilojoules.
Researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have isolated new cells – beige fat – with nearly the same blubber-busting power of their brown cousins. Beige cells hide among white fat cells under your skin and switch between storing fat and burning it.
Preliminary research suggests that a muscle hormone linked with exercise may turn white fat into beige, but more study is needed.