More Useful Stuff
- +Three Things We Learned about a Standing Desk
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +The Workout That Will Fast-Track Your Fat Loss
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +This Guy Lost 90 Kilograms. Here's How He Transformed His Body
We’ve told you before about brown fat, the helpful kind that torches kilojoules.
Researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have isolated new cells – beige fat – with nearly the same blubber-busting power of their brown cousins. Beige cells hide among white fat cells under your skin and switch between storing fat and burning it.
Preliminary research suggests that a muscle hormone linked with exercise may turn white fat into beige, but more study is needed.