More Useful Stuff
- +6 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Boost Your Gains With This One Twist On The Best Upper-Body Exercise
- +As If Squatting 183 Kgs Isn't Strenuous Enough... This Guy Asked A Boxer To Beat Him Up Mid-Squat
Follow these simple rules to eating to lose weight.
1. Eat for the body weight you want to be. If you weigh 90kgs but want to weigh 80kgs – eat like an 80kg-man.
2. Consume at least two servings of vegetables a day. Vegetables are low in kilojoules and high in belly-filling fibre.
3. Eat at least two servings of fruit a day. Fruit provides your muscles with plenty of carbs for energy, but has less impact on your blood sugar than grains and other high-starch foods do. This is important because it can help you avoid the cravings and binges that occur when your blood sugar rises quickly and then crashes. Ideally, the majority of your carbs will come from fruits and vegetables. So limit yourself to just two daily servings of grains, beans, and high-starch vegetables, and consume the rest of your carbs from produce.
4. On the days you work out, eat one hour before you exercise and again within 60 minutes after your last rep.