More Useful Stuff
- +You're Way More Drunk Than You Think You Are, According To Science
- +8 Surprising Things That Happen To Your Body When You Stop Drinking Booze
- +Here’s Another Scientific Benefit Of Drinking Beer, Because You Deserve Good News
- +Here's How You Can Win Any Fight In 5 Steps
- +Science Explains Why You’re a Jerk When You Drink Alcohol
Grab a corkscrew: red wine may mimic the benefits of a kilojoule-restricted diet.
In a study from the Netherlands, 11 obese men who took a daily supplement of the antioxidant resveratrol, had lower blood sugar after 30 days. But the pills had 150mg of resveratrol – the amount in just under eight litres of red wine. More work is needed to see if smaller doses produce similar effects.