More Useful Stuff
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +How Much Of Your Body Build Can You Really Blame On Genetics?
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
- +These 5 Common Mistakes You Keep Making Are Piling On The Fat
- +Here's The Low Down On Man Boobs And What You Can Do About Them
New study that those with the gene are biologically programmed to eat more
You inherit a lot more from your parents (and their parents and your parents-parents) than your green eyes and punctuality. You also get some not-so-great stuff ¬– like what research is calling the obesity gene. Called the FTO gene, new research has shown that this gene can increase your risk of obesity by 70%. To find out how this link works scientists isolated those who have the high risk gene and measured their response to images of high-kilojoule food and ghrelin levels (that control hunger). Not only did they have higher ghrelin levels (which meant they were hungier than usual) but they also had increased sensitivity to the hormone in their brains, making them biologically programmed to eat more.
Here are a couple of ways to control your appetite and reduce hunger: