More Useful Stuff
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +Do These 19 Exercises And You'll Carve A Rock-Hard Six-Pack
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
Tracking your kilojoules doesn’t have to be an exercise in perfection.
According to research from the University of Pittsburgh, a diet-and-exercise log can work even if you fill it out less than two-thirds of the time. People who kept a weight-loss diary (on paper or with an app) at least 60% of the time for a year – and as little as 30% of the time the next year – kept weight off.
If you’re diligent in the beginning, you start to keep track mentally, making the journal less necessary, says study author Dr Lora Burke.