More Useful Stuff
- +Three Things We Learned about a Standing Desk
- +Swap This One Item On Your Dinner Plate And You'll Instantly Burn Calories - And Poop More!
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +This Guy Lost 90 Kilograms. Here's How He Transformed His Body
- +6 Reasons Why You've Stopped Losing Weight
Tracking your kilojoules doesn’t have to be an exercise in perfection.
According to research from the University of Pittsburgh, a diet-and-exercise log can work even if you fill it out less than two-thirds of the time. People who kept a weight-loss diary (on paper or with an app) at least 60% of the time for a year – and as little as 30% of the time the next year – kept weight off.
If you’re diligent in the beginning, you start to keep track mentally, making the journal less necessary, says study author Dr Lora Burke.