More Useful Stuff
- +4 Rules For Getting Ripped At Any Age
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Scorch Body Fat With This Rows and Burpees Challenge
Tracking your kilojoules doesn’t have to be an exercise in perfection.
According to research from the University of Pittsburgh, a diet-and-exercise log can work even if you fill it out less than two-thirds of the time. People who kept a weight-loss diary (on paper or with an app) at least 60% of the time for a year – and as little as 30% of the time the next year – kept weight off.
If you’re diligent in the beginning, you start to keep track mentally, making the journal less necessary, says study author Dr Lora Burke.