More Useful Stuff
- +Forget Running - You Can Burn Double The Calories Doing This
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
- +Why You Should Eat More And Lift Heavy To Lose Fat
Weight loss doesn’t come in a bottle: a recent study from Germany reveals that many over-the-counter weight-loss supplements don’t help you shed kilograms. The researchers tracked the effectiveness of nine diet supplements (each with a different key ingredient, such as bean concentrate) over a period of two months. Supplement users didn’t lose any more weight than those who took a placebo did. As study author Dr Thomas Ellrott, says, the pills can be sold without being proven effective. The best way to lose weight is through exercise and smart eating.