More Useful Stuff
- +8 Foods You Had No Idea Could Put You To Sleep
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +14 Delicious Easy Lunches That Will Help You Lose Weight
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
- +Eat Your Way To A Healthy Heart With These 5 Snacks
Increasing the variety of vegetables offered at a meal may be the key to getting people to eat more vegetables, according to this study.
Once a week for four weeks, the 66 study participants were fed a lunch of pasta and vegetables.
During the first three meals, the meal consisted of 600 grams of pasta and tomato sauce and 600 grams of broccoli, carrots, or snap peas.
The fourth meal consisted of the pasta and 200 grams each of the three vegetables.
On average the participants ate 48 more grams of vegetables when offered a variety than when just offered one vegetable.
That is more than a half serving increase. Serving a variety of vegetables is an effective way to increase vegetable consumption, say the authors.