More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Shedding Fat And Reclaiming His Athletic Youth
- +Hate Cardio? Make This Small Tweak to Your Routine
- +Cooking At Home Can Help You Lose Weight and Drop Body Fat
- +Scorch Body Fat With This Rows and Burpees Challenge
Losing weight is one thing, staying lean is another. These men did both… and they did it through sweat and sacrifice.
Last year’s Men’s Health Belly Off! Reader Challenge ran over 12 weeks, with 2 449 guys entering the race to reveal their fittest, healthiest self.
Twelve weeks (and more than 215 000 votes) later, and with each entrant weighing in at an average of 4.7kg lighter, we were able to whittle the list down to the Top 10.
They lost a collective total of 130kg… but, as each of them learned, there’s no shortcut to real weight loss. It’s not simply about a deficit on a scale, it’s about embracing and living a lifestyle of weight loss using expert nutritional, and training, advice.
That’s why our judges picked Anru Nel from Pretoria as the Men’s Health 2013 Belly Off ! winner, in recognition of his massive transformation to a leaner, stronger, more confident version 2.0 of himself. Nel and nine other South African men proved that it’s possible to better themselves, and they’re continuing to strip away fat.
Think you could stand to lose a few kilos? It’s time to wise up to these guys’ tried-and-tested flab-attacking strategies.