More Useful Stuff
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +How You Can Hack The Bread Aisle To Find The Healthiest Loaf
- +61 Small Habits You Can Change To Lose Weight
- +This Guys Lost 43KGs - And Now He Wants To Help You Do It Too
Week 8’s tip: beat the budget blues
• Shop from a list and not when you’re hungry. Otherwise you end up buying unnecessary products.
• Buy non-perishable items in bulk and plan your shopping so that you don’t need to go every day.
• Only buy as much perishable food as you need. Store opened products correctly to enhance shelf-life.
• When buying foods that are on special still compare the price per unit and nutritional value. You don’t want to win on price but lose out on nutritional value.
• Limit the amount of times you eat take-aways or at restaurants.
• Buy seasonal fruit and vegetables – you save money and they taste better too!
• Incorporate more legumes e.g. red kidney beans, lentils into your diet (add legumes to meat dishes and try having a vegetarian meal at least once a week).
• Be aware of paying for expensive packaging and bags. Make a habit of taking your own shopping bags with you to the shops.
Download Week 8 Eating Plan
New to the training plan? Start our weight loss plan from Week 1