More Useful Stuff
- +BUSTED: 6 Promises Weight Loss Pills Make That You Should Never Believe
- +Cut This One Thing Out Your Diet And You Won't Wake Up To Pee In The Night
- +The 5 Exercises Every Guy Should Master & Why
- +Doctors Make Mistakes. Here’s How to Help Them Get Your Diagnosis Right
- +Can Watching Porn Really Screw Up Your Relationship?
Everyone has a favourite pair of jeans. And yes, we mean everyone. This year, be your own man and choose a style that stands out.
1. Don’t be scared – be rugged
Steer clear of jeans that look too scuffed up – holes and fading in spots that seem unnatural lose the longevity. Rely on brands that do it well, or just wear the hell out of them the old-fashioned way. Add a bomber jacket in an unexpected colour, like this one, and a pair of worker boots.
2. Mix in the athleisure
Whether it’s your daily commute or time with the toddlers, you need to look laidback without bucking the trend. The trick? Athleisure – that’s casual clothes with an athletic twist. Kick back in a sweatshirt and jogger jeans with hard-hitting accessories: a bold watch, bright tee and leather luxe sneakers.
3. Be strong, pick selvedge
So called for its self-finished edge, selvedge is a higher quality, more durable fabric. Look out for the red- and-white outseam: it means your jeans won’t easily fray, says Ross Lyndon, denim designer at H&M. Wear them with a checked shirt, a utility jacket and leather boots.
4. Denim on denim isn’t just for 90s boybands
The shirt-and-jacket combo looks great with washed-out khaki chinos – as long as the washes are different. For a modern twist, try a quilted bomber with your favourite pair of distressed jeans, white tee and trucker cap. This way you’re keeping your street style clean and simple.