More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
STEP 1: PURGE YOUR CLOSET
Before you add new clothes to the mix, let go of the pieces that are bringing you down.
Raid your closet and toss anything that doesn’t fit, has holes, or is obviously outdated, says lifestyle brand consultant Randi Packard. (So long, boot-cut jeans you haven’t worn since university.)
STEP 2: MAKE A LIST
Once you complete the purge, make sure your closet has these 9 essentials:
1. Slim-fit jeans
2. Solid sweater
3. T-shirts in basic colors
4. Henley shirts
5. Button-down shirts
6. Navy blazer
8. Casual shoes
9. Leather sneakers
STEP 3: GO SHOPPING
Fill in the essentials with your favourite budget-friendly brands.
When picking out a new item, Packard recommends choosing a simple coluor palette—white, black, grey, navy, olive green—because these colours look expensive, even if they aren’t.
If you’re shopping on a budget, spend the bulk of your money on jeans, a blazer, a white button-front shirt, and casual shoes, says Andrew Weitz, a Beverly Hills-based style consultant. Then use the rest of your portioned money accordingly.