More Useful Stuff
- +What You Eat Could Be Causing Your Depression
- +Transform Club: This Guy Is Going From Fat To Fit For His Wedding Day
- +This Man Lost 10 kgs, Gained a Killer Six-Pack and a Higher IQ
- +From Zero To Comrades Hero In 8 Months
- +Eating To Pack On Muscle And Strip Fat: How Sam Heughan Got Shredded For Our Cover Shoot
A diet plentiful in antioxidants can relieve your acne by lowering your stress level, new study says
Research indicates that including antioxidant rich foods containing vitamins A, C, and E in your diet may help relieve adult acne by lowering oxidative stress levels and the amount of free radicals damaging the skin. As a bonus, a diet plentiful in antioxidant foods may also fight some early signs of skin aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. While acne is expected in youth, a Massachusetts General Hospital survey cites 45% of 21-30 year old women are affected both physically and psychologically by adult acne. Researchers suggest topical applications of antioxidants will also benefit skin inflammation.