More Useful Stuff
- +Cut The Carb Crap: This Is What You Should Be Eating
- +The 3 Best Things You Can Do For Your Diet This Year
- +A Selfie A Day Keeps The Blues Away, According To A New Study
- +Cut The BS: Nutritionists Reveal The Biggest Weight Loss Porkies They’ve Ever Heard
- +Michael Phelps & Michael Jordan Have Some Tips For You On How To Stay Calm When The Pressure Is On
A diet plentiful in antioxidants can relieve your acne by lowering your stress level, new study says
Research indicates that including antioxidant rich foods containing vitamins A, C, and E in your diet may help relieve adult acne by lowering oxidative stress levels and the amount of free radicals damaging the skin. As a bonus, a diet plentiful in antioxidant foods may also fight some early signs of skin aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. While acne is expected in youth, a Massachusetts General Hospital survey cites 45% of 21-30 year old women are affected both physically and psychologically by adult acne. Researchers suggest topical applications of antioxidants will also benefit skin inflammation.