More Useful Stuff
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Your Supper, Sorted: Beef Kebabs And Sweet Potato Chips
- +Do This With Your Finger To Make Healthier Food Choices
- +5 Festive Season Food Hacks To Stop You Eating Til You Feel Bloated And Guilty
- +Your New Favourite Recipe. This Is The Single Best Way to Cook a Steak
Next time you’re hungry, dig this multiuse painting gear out of toolbox.
Half-round: Use it to clean the grates on your grill. Its angles reach places a large grill brush can’t.
Gouger: Use it to pop a small hole on the top of a metal olive oil jug so pouring goes more easily.
Scraper/putty spreader: Use it, along with a dose of elbow grease, to remove the baked-on crud from pots or baking trays.
A (clean) pair can extract fish bones in double-quick time. Just drag your finger along the bones to expose them, and then use the pliers to pull them up towards the head.
Whisk! For fluffy scrambled eggs, insert a whisk attachment into the drill and start beating.
Grind! Unscrew the knob from the top of a pepper mill, exposing the drive shaft, and tighten the shaft into your drill. Turn on the drill to grind a pile of pepper in seconds. (Pro tip: if not enough of the drive shaft is exposed, remove the pepper mill’s head.)
Scour!Drill a 5mm hole into the top of a large binder clip. Insert a 5mm-wide, 25mm-long bolt through the hole so the threads stick out the top, and tighten a 5mm nut onto the bolt. Now clamp a sponge into the clip, insert the bolt into the drill, and turn on the drill to attack the grime on those dirty pots.