More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Q. I hooked up with a girl through Tinder last weekend, but I’m not interested in seeing her again. Can I just ghost?
A. Go for it.
Look, it’s Tinder. Like most women who meet guys on swiping apps, she’s probably seen more ghosts than the average cast member of American Horror Story. She won’t be shocked to not hear from you.
Plus—and I hate to be the one to tell you this—she might not be waiting by the phone for your text. Some women like one-night stands, too.
So if you don’t hear from her, just leave it at that. Ghosting is much kinder than explaining that the sex was mediocre enough that you don’t want to do it again.
If she suggests a second date, though, give her the courtesy of levelling with her: You had fun, but you’re not interested in more.
That doesn’t make you an angel, but it keeps you both from getting stuck in dating purgatory.
And next time you think you might go full phantom, remember this rule:
Don’t ask for her number, or say you’ll call, if you don’t intend to contact her within a week. That’ll save you both the mental energy of wondering what’s next.