More Useful Stuff
Here’s what women like to hear, according to a recent study in the Journal of Social Psychology
To Show Her You’re Funny or Sociable
These lines work only if you’re attractive, the scientists found. But they can get the ball rolling.
- “Shall we talk or continue flirting from a distance?”
- “Do you have any raisins? No? Well, then how about a date?”
- “Can I get a picture of you so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?”
To Show Her You’re Smart or Trustworthy
The perfect starters are direct and honest. Women love sincerity and flattery.
- “I feel a little embarrassed about this… but I’d like to meet you. What’s your name?
- “Hi, I saw you and thought, ‘I’m going to kick myself all night if I don’t at least say hi.’ So… hi. What’s your name?”
- “I saw you across the room and knew I had to meet you. What’s your name?”