More Useful Stuff
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +How You Can Last Longer In Bed: Advice From A Sex Therapist Who Beat Premature Ejaculation
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
- +Would Condoms Ruin Porn?
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
Many of the symptoms that older men experience, such as loss of lean muscle mass, weight gain, and loss of sexual desire, are thought to be due to decreasing testosterone levels. This small study suggests that some of those symptoms may actually be due to low estrogen levels. Because men metabolise estrogen from testosterone, men who have low testosterone levels also have low estrogen levels. As a result, it was not clear which hormone was actually responsible for these symptoms. Either way, it might be time to go visit your doc if symptoms persist.