More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
Many of the symptoms that older men experience, such as loss of lean muscle mass, weight gain, and loss of sexual desire, are thought to be due to decreasing testosterone levels. This small study suggests that some of those symptoms may actually be due to low estrogen levels. Because men metabolise estrogen from testosterone, men who have low testosterone levels also have low estrogen levels. As a result, it was not clear which hormone was actually responsible for these symptoms. Either way, it might be time to go visit your doc if symptoms persist.