More Useful Stuff
- +The Science Is In: Funny Dudes Make The Best Lovers
- +The #1 Thing She Wants In Bed Will Make Sex Better For You Too
- +Why Cardiac Arrest During Sex Is Deadlier Than Any Other Activity
- +Did You Know There's A Morning-After Pill For HIV?
- +Are You ‘Pulling Out’ as a Form of Contraception? Here’s Why That Might Be a Problem
If you’re not getting enough sex, chances are you’re sexually frustrated. A new study at the University of Michigan found that a healthy sex life may increase your overall wellness later in life. In the study, researchers performed experiments on male fruit flies and discovered that when they were exposed to female pheromones and expected mating but were denied, they showed heightened stress levels, a decrease in stored body fat, and, on average, lived shorter lives than male flies with access to female mates. This could mean that sexual frustration, physiologically and psychologically, is toxic to our wellness, according to the senior author of the study. Here’s Your Passport To More Sex and ways to Get Her In The Mood.