More Useful Stuff
- +Other Men Don’t Last as Long in Bed as You Think
- +3 Sex Tips From The Women Who Orgasm The Most
- +This Couple Took On A Challenge To Have Sex Every Morning For A Week. Here's What It Did For Their Sex Life
- +There Are 3 Types Of Porn Users... Which One Are You?
- +Why People Are Turned On By Golden Showers
There may be benefits for students who engage in casual sex, if they are sociosexual, according to a new study published in the journal – Social Psychology and Personality Science.
In a study of 371 students from Cornell University, 42 percent of them admitted to having had sex outside a relationship. The students filled in questionnaires documenting their sexual encounters and their feelings about the encounters, as well as their general attitude towards sex.
Unsurprisingly, the study found that those who saw themselves as sociosexual -or individuals who are more at ease with casual sex – are likely to have more sex outside of relationships. These individuals also reported lower stress and greater overall emotional health, compared to other participants in the study.
“The effects of casual sex depend on the extent to which this behaviour is congruent with one’s general personality tendencies,” says the study authors.