More Useful Stuff
- +BUSTED: 6 Promises Weight Loss Pills Make That You Should Never Believe
- +Cut This One Thing Out Your Diet And You Won't Wake Up To Pee In The Night
- +The 5 Exercises Every Guy Should Master & Why
- +Doctors Make Mistakes. Here’s How to Help Them Get Your Diagnosis Right
- +Can Watching Porn Really Screw Up Your Relationship?
When you give your better half a rubdown, go slow. That’s the massage message from Susan Findlay, director of the North London School of Sports Massage.
“Use the heel of your hand to make continuous fluid movements and work the whole length of the muscle,” Findlay says.
ILLUSTRATION BY STEVE SANFORD
1. Prep for Glory
Have your mate disrobe and lie face-down on a towel or firm bed. Enjoy the view, and then dim the lights.
Squeeze some oil into your palms and rub them together to warm it up. We like Ole
2. Be Smooth
Start at her shoulders and then move to the muscles at the base of her neck before working down each arm.
Gently pinch (between your thumb and fingers), squeeze, and knead her skin. If she winces, lighten up; she should be completely relaxed.
3. Keep It Going
Return to her neck and work your way down to her lower back, making smooth circular, clockwise motions, using the same massage techniques as on her arms but adding the heels of your hands for larger areas on each side of her spine.
4. Finish Strong
End by using the palms of your hands to work on her lower back. The whole process should take about 45 minutes, and with luck, much longer.
Don’t worry if you get aroused. Do worry if she doesn’t. Whale music and candles optional.