More Useful Stuff
- +Fix Your Face With Things You Already Have In Your Fridge
- +Should You Go Gluten-Free? The Truth Behind The World's Most Hated Protein
- +Think You'd Notice If You Had A Heart Attack? Think Again
- +Protect Your Junk From Catching Herpes - It's More Common Than Most Guys Realise
- +STUDY: Diabetes Can Be Cured With A Calorie Restricted Diet, A New Trial Showed
Does your body weight have anything to do with those bald patches on your head? According to a new study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, hair loss can be aggravated by body mass index.
In the study of 189 Thai men with signs of alopecia, average age 30, the severity of their condition was directly related to their BMI. Of those, 142 men with the most widespread male pattern baldness had higher BMIs than men with less severe hair loss. Overweight and obese men were at a higher risk for both male pattern baldness and for premature baldness.