More Useful Stuff
- +This Guy Won The Gruelling Maserati BIG5 Challenge. Here's What It Felt Like
- +5 Races You Seriously NEED to Tick Off Your Bucket List This Winter
- +Big Biceps Could Save Your Life
- +President Obama Just Released His Workout Playlist, and It’s Surprisingly Awesome
- +Why Your New Running Partner Has More Legs Than You
Roll before you run. Using a foam roller on your muscles during a warm-up may help you power through your workout, according to research in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. People who foam-rolled their legs, upper body and lower back for 10 minutes before exercising felt less fatigued while doing agility drills than those who didn’t roll it out. Translation: you may be able to exercise longer and harder, says study author Dr Disa Hatfield.