More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
Since the professional era began in 1995, rugby union’s two codes have become more and more specialized. The early days could have players hopping between the two nonchalantly, albeit they still needed to have extra air in those lungs and speed in those hamstrings. But the blend of power, stamina and speed has become that much more relative.
Some began their international careers on the sevens circuit, but have since made their mark on the 15 man game with aplomb, as Bob Skinstad would say. Today players often find themselves needing to commit to one code, but there are a few special exceptions. Here are some Springboks who have donned the green and gold in both formats:
Juan du Jongh
Jean de Villiers
Joe van Niekerk
Gaddie du Toit
Joost van der Westhuizen