More Useful Stuff
- +WARNING: These 5 Weird Things Are Raising Your Risk for Serious Back Pain
- +5 Reasons Men Die Too Young—And What You Can Do About It
- +4 Health Hacks Women Already Know That You Should Too
- +Could Your Fiancee's Credit Card Debt Spell Doom For Your Relationship?
- +The Trick To Building Bigger Arms? Be NEGATIVE
If you’ve been feeling blue, try going green. Drinking green tea may help you head off depression, according to new research from Japan. Study participants who drank two to three cups of green tea a day were about 41% less likely to report feeling depressed than those who sipped a cup a day or less. Catechins (antioxidants found in high concentrations in green tea) may help decrease your levels of cortisol, a steroid associated with depression, the study authors say. Go fresh-brewed, not bottled – you’ll take in more antioxidants, Rutgers researchers found.