More Useful Stuff
- +These 5 Small Little Details Will Make Or Absolutely Wreck Your Look
- +How Do You Stop Burning Yourself Out - Advice From A Coach Who Knows His Sh!t
- +This Your Goto Next Time Someone Drops The "But I Don't Have Time To Workout" Excuse
- +Listen Up: Here Are 4 Ways Your Brain Will Suffer If You Stop Working Out
- +Make These 7 Tiny Changes And You'll Lose 5kgs
Sure, music reduces stress hormones – but did you know it may also ease pain?
In a Swedish study, music played during and after surgery reduced patients’ need for pain meds. Kerry Black, co-producer of Bonnaroo and Outside Lands festivals, gives the top tunes for hard days.
This is the Massachusetts band’s acclaimed debut from ’09. Or as Black calls it, “the musical embodiment of happiness.”
It’s funky, soothing, and chock-full of celebration. “ ‘Don’t You Worry ’Bout a Thing’ are words to live by,” Black says.
Vulgar Display of Power
It casts out the angst, and a British study found that up-tempo music encourages more-powerful stress-busting workouts.