More Useful Stuff
- +How You Can Master The Clapping Pull-Up
- +Here's Why You Should Stop Worrying About How Much Sex You're Having
- +Can Your Anxiety Impact Your Sexual Performance And Cause Premature Ejaculation?
- +We Pick The 5 Best Waterproof Watches To Be Your Wingman On Land And Sea
- +Wow Her With Fillet (With Wedges And Chimichurri) In Under 20 Minutes
Sure, music reduces stress hormones – but did you know it may also ease pain?
In a Swedish study, music played during and after surgery reduced patients’ need for pain meds. Kerry Black, co-producer of Bonnaroo and Outside Lands festivals, gives the top tunes for hard days.
This is the Massachusetts band’s acclaimed debut from ’09. Or as Black calls it, “the musical embodiment of happiness.”
It’s funky, soothing, and chock-full of celebration. “ ‘Don’t You Worry ’Bout a Thing’ are words to live by,” Black says.
Vulgar Display of Power
It casts out the angst, and a British study found that up-tempo music encourages more-powerful stress-busting workouts.