More Useful Stuff
- +Be A Missionary God With These 6 Skills Stolen From The Kama Sutra
- +8 Ways You Can Catch Her Eye Without Saying a Single Word
- +Fix Your Face With Things You Already Have In Your Fridge
- +Should You Go Gluten-Free? The Truth Behind The World's Most Hated Protein
- +One Of the Best Lower-Body Exercises On the Planet Just Got Even Better
Sure, music reduces stress hormones – but did you know it may also ease pain?
In a Swedish study, music played during and after surgery reduced patients’ need for pain meds. Kerry Black, co-producer of Bonnaroo and Outside Lands festivals, gives the top tunes for hard days.
This is the Massachusetts band’s acclaimed debut from ’09. Or as Black calls it, “the musical embodiment of happiness.”
It’s funky, soothing, and chock-full of celebration. “ ‘Don’t You Worry ’Bout a Thing’ are words to live by,” Black says.
Vulgar Display of Power
It casts out the angst, and a British study found that up-tempo music encourages more-powerful stress-busting workouts.