More Useful Stuff
- +Women Reveal The One Thing That Instantly Attracts Them To You
- +5 Times People Got So Hangry They Nearly Killed For Their Food
- +Feel The Burn In Just 4 Minutes With This Insane Burpee Workout
- +Are Your Testosterone Levels Normal?
- +These Guys Revealed The One Thing They Would Do If It Wasn't Considered Too "Girly"
Sure, music reduces stress hormones – but did you know it may also ease pain?
In a Swedish study, music played during and after surgery reduced patients’ need for pain meds. Kerry Black, co-producer of Bonnaroo and Outside Lands festivals, gives the top tunes for hard days.
This is the Massachusetts band’s acclaimed debut from ’09. Or as Black calls it, “the musical embodiment of happiness.”
It’s funky, soothing, and chock-full of celebration. “ ‘Don’t You Worry ’Bout a Thing’ are words to live by,” Black says.
Vulgar Display of Power
It casts out the angst, and a British study found that up-tempo music encourages more-powerful stress-busting workouts.