More Useful Stuff
- +Would You Get A Coffee And Um, Cream At A Blowjob Cafe Staffed By Sex Robots?
- +Yes, It’s Possible to Overdose On Coffee. Here's What To Do If You Drank Too Much
- +This Guy Got Hepatitis From Drinking Energy Drinks
- +Here Are 11 Undeniably Good Reasons To Go Have A Coffee Right Now
- +These 6 Foods Are Guaranteed To Help You Lose Weight
Drink Up The longer you’re awake, the more a chemical called adenosine inhibits your ability to think quickly. A nap works best to clear it from your system, but caffeine can block its effects by tricking your brain into thinking you just woke up. If you know you’ll be up late, drink a big cup of coffee at 2pm. (Your body needs at least four hours to metabolise the caffeine.)
Go Nuts Brain cells operate on glucose, but avoid sugary snacks; these provide only a temporary lift. Eat a handful of almonds and walnuts. Their balance of carbs, protein and fat delivers a prolonged energy boost.
Break Away An engaging activity will stimulate your brain, so take 10-minute breaks to do something fun. Call a fellow night owl or play a round of trivia. We like the free games on sporcle.com.