More Useful Stuff
- +This Is Why She Always Wants To Make Out In Public
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
- +7 Things You Do In the Morning That Make You Feel Tired All Day
- +Science Explains Why These 9 Songs Are The All-Time Most Catchy - And How To Get Them Out Of Your Head
- +Are You Sure Your Tie Looks Sharp? Watch This Tutorial And Ace The Half Windsor Knot
Want to avoid the awkward bob-and-weave of a mismanaged hello? Then choose quickly between a hug, a handshake or a kiss on the cheek. If you’re unsure, go with a handshake, says Peter Post, author of Essential Manners for Men. It’s the safe play. And definitely shake her hand if she’s a business contact or someone to whom you wish to show formal respect (like, say, your new girlfriend’s mother). If she’s someone close – like family or a good friend – go in for the hug. And if your relationship is still a little fuzzy – think first dates and friends of friends – then go in for a cheek kiss. Just pair it with a gentle embrace, keep a little distance and remember: “It’s cheek to cheek, not a real kiss,” says Post. Unless she goes for the lips, in which case, hey, it’s only polite to reciprocate.