More Useful Stuff
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Is Waking Up To Pee At Night A Health Warning? This Person Thinks It Could Be
- +How to Survive a Bear Attack—According To the Guy Who Was Mauled Twice In One Morning
- +These Guys Did Battle With Mosquitos. And Won. And Now You Can Too
- +Build a Speedier Six-Pack
You know you’re supposed to cooperate if you’re being mugged, but how does a tough guy like you whip up the courage not to act?
Here’s how to fend off a mugger.
First, understand your attacker. “Most of us don’t live with violence every day,” says Mark Connelly, a Cape Town-based psychologist, who specialises in trauma counselling. “For many criminals, however, it is a way of life. If they demand that you do something and you react with aggression, they will quickly resort to violent tactics to subdue you. This may even be because they are also nervous and highly stressed in the situation.”
That said, if an attacker makes a move to hurt you or a loved one, you have to drum up every bit of nerve you have. A healthy dose of sheer ferocity may swing the verdict your way. “Go nuclear,” advises martial arts instructor Lawrence Kane, co-author of The Little Black Book of Violence (R240 Loot.co.za). “Be as ferocious and aggressive as possible. All things equal, the guy with the most intensity wins.
There are other ways to Knock Fear Out of other situations. Just follow the link.