More Useful Stuff
- +NSFW: Can Your Sex Life Be Like A Porno?
- +Michael Phelps & Michael Jordan Have Some Tips For You On How To Stay Calm When The Pressure Is On
- +Why Samuel L. Jackson Wants To Talk About Your Balls
- +6 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
- +3 Tricks To Help You Call BS When Someone Is Lying To You
The trick is to put your back into it, man! Good posture is the secret to a commanding delivery, according to Aaron Kall, director of the University of Michigan’s championship debate team. When your spine, shoulders and neck are all aligned, your diaphragm drops, allowing you to draw more air into your lungs with each breath. That’s important because when you send extra air through your larynx, you produce a stronger, clearer tone. You also need to stay hydrated, because your vocal folds (commonly known as your vocal cords) operate at their peak with proper lubrication. In fact, if you have your pick of beverages, take a swig of one Kall swears by: “Over the past 10 years I’ve had a lot of students who had raspy voices at debate tournaments, and white grape juice has been the most effective antidote.”