More Useful Stuff
- +Zero to Hero Week 6: This Guy Has Found 3 Plant-Based Protein Powerhouses That Actually Work
- +5 Ways You Will Start Butchering Meat The Right Way
- +Your Cheat Sheet To Instantly Start Eating Healthier (And Staying Leaner)
- +Pushing 40 And You Still Haven't Found The One?
- +This One Snack Will Upgrade Your Cardio Gains
On edge? You may need a dose of sports medicine.
New research from Belgium suggests that playing ball sports can help bust stress. In the study, active men who reported the lowest stress levels cited ball sports – volleyball, basketball and rugby – as their favourites to play. The high level of competition can help you tune out the hassles of daily living and provide a sense of control and escape, the researchers say.
Your move: play a league ball sport, like soccer, in lieu of your normal workout at least once a week. Check out The New Science Of Soccer for tips on how to up your game.