More Useful Stuff
- +BUSTED: 6 Promises Weight Loss Pills Make That You Should Never Believe
- +Cut This One Thing Out Your Diet And You Won't Wake Up To Pee In The Night
- +The 5 Exercises Every Guy Should Master & Why
- +Doctors Make Mistakes. Here’s How to Help Them Get Your Diagnosis Right
- +Can Watching Porn Really Screw Up Your Relationship?
On edge? You may need a dose of sports medicine.
New research from Belgium suggests that playing ball sports can help bust stress. In the study, active men who reported the lowest stress levels cited ball sports – volleyball, basketball and rugby – as their favourites to play. The high level of competition can help you tune out the hassles of daily living and provide a sense of control and escape, the researchers say.
Your move: play a league ball sport, like soccer, in lieu of your normal workout at least once a week. Check out The New Science Of Soccer for tips on how to up your game.