More Useful Stuff
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
- +Be A Part of The Vodacom Red #BullsFamily Fun Day!
On edge? You may need a dose of sports medicine.
New research from Belgium suggests that playing ball sports can help bust stress. In the study, active men who reported the lowest stress levels cited ball sports – volleyball, basketball and rugby – as their favourites to play. The high level of competition can help you tune out the hassles of daily living and provide a sense of control and escape, the researchers say.
Your move: play a league ball sport, like soccer, in lieu of your normal workout at least once a week. Check out The New Science Of Soccer for tips on how to up your game.