More Useful Stuff
- +Are You Mansplaining? And What Is Mansplaining Anyway? A Guy's Guide
- +You're Way More Drunk Than You Think You Are, According To Science
- +Michael Phelps & Michael Jordan Have Some Tips For You On How To Stay Calm When The Pressure Is On
- +Why Samuel L. Jackson Wants To Talk About Your Balls
- +6 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
There’s no easy way to talk to someone who’s intoxicated, says Dr Brian Borsari, an associate professor at Brown University’s Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies. “But you may still be able to guide your drunk friend toward choices that are less risky, so make that the focus.” Keep your voice low and don’t push him around; that’ll just make him want to battle. If he won’t stop drinking on suggestion alone, offer a choice that puts him in control: “Hey dude, I’ll spring for boerie rolls if you agree we can wash them down with water.” Then suggest a game of pool or foosball to take his mind off booze. If that doesn’t work, it’s time to enlist help. Explain the situation to the bartender, who will then have to make sure your buddy’s next rum and Coke is rum-free.