More Useful Stuff
- +This Guy Is Proof That No Excuse Is Too Big To Stand Between You And Your Goals
- +Lessons From This Man Who Dropped 26kg & Found A Whole New Lease On Life
- +There's a Strange Link Between Your Weight & Your Spouse's
- +This Is How Long Sex Actually Lasts For Most Couples
- +13 Variations Of The Plank That Will Sculpt Your Core To Perfection
Build Wealth By Sharing The Load
In the early days of WordPress, I didn’t delegate. I worked all day and night. But then I met guys like Om Malik (an early WordPress user) and Toni Schneider (a software engineer) and realised
that I wanted to grow the company together with them. You create a bottleneck if you don’t share the reins.
Pull People In
With any project, I ask, “How can we make this experience different or better than anything else out there?” Let’s not copy what someone else did but rather look to create things we believe in, talk to our users, and find out what’s going to make that experience magical.
Keep Your Momentum
I often have my best ideas when I’m at the opera or a museum. I carry a notebook and scribble thoughts. I’ll be focused on the music or a painting, but my subconscious kicks in and activates a part of my brain that’s usually dormant. You can’t be great at your work if you’re not balanced in the rest of your life. That goes double for sleep – no guy in his 20s gets enough.
With my first windfall, I looked at pain points I could alleviate. I travelled more comfortably and made fewer connections. I’m also always upgrading gadgets. It’s like tweaking a Formula 1 car: I want every ounce of performance because I spend so much time on the computer.