More Useful Stuff
- +WOAH: Here Are 5 Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Lose Weight, Quit Smoking And Lead A Better Life
- +A Race to the Finish: How to Tackle Stage Racing with Manuel Fumic
- +Do These Things Before You Turn 50
- +Going Bald? Here’s When You Should Shave Your Head
- +Here's Why You Need to Walk More than 10,000 Steps Per Day
Could you refer me to the most cost effective facility?
Prices for routine procedures (think X-rays, MRIs and blood tests) can reach into the thousands, says Jeff Rice, a doctor.
Your doc could send you to a facility that charges a lot more, so push back and say you want the best price around. You could save up to 50%, Dr Rice says.
Will you match my retirement contributions?
That match can make you wealthy. Example: Company A offers you R400k with no match. Company B offers R20 000 less but will match up to 6% of your salary.
After 30 years and with a 7% return, you’ll have R2.4m with Company A, or R4.7m with B.
Their Financial Advisors
What fees are you charging me?
Pay a professional no more than 1% in annual advisory fees to manage your portfolio, and give a discount broker 0.25% per transaction.
Be cautious of fullservice accounts, though. You may be charged up to 10 times what you’d pay a discount broker